AGREEMENT FOR DROP BOX SERVICE
BEND GARBAGE & RECYCLING
P.O. Box 504 • Bend, OR 97709
Phone: 541-382-2263 • Fax: 541-383-3640
RESIDENTIAL • COMMERCIAL • INDUSTRIAL
1. Customer agrees to the following charges and will pay for delivery, haul and estimated disposal upon delivery of drop box.
DISPOSAL FOR EACH BOX IS AN ESTIMATE: the box will be weighed when it is removed, and you will either receive a refund within 30 days of removal for amount not used, or be billed for the balance which will then be due within 15 days.
Box rental is $6.00 a day not including day of delivery or pick up.
2. Additional charges will be assessed for appliances and tires. Appliances will be charged at $5.00 – $8.00 each. Tires, depending on size, can range from $2.00 – $10.00 each and tires with rims are extra $2.00 each. Equipment tires are not accepted. Computers, laptops, monitors and TVs are no charge. All other electronics are $0.25 per pound.
3. Any demolition and remodel debris from buildings/homes built prior to January 1, 2004 that involve removing a load bearing wall, popcorn ceiling or linoleum must fill out a DEQ building survey. If positive, contact Deschutes County Solid Waste for a transportation form (ASN4). A completed form is required prior to removing box.
4. Considerations for loading:
A. All material must be loaded evenly, AT OR BELOW TOP of box with no overhanging items. Boxes are tarped when hauled. Any boxes stacked over the top will be refused and will be the responsibility of the customer to level and/or o-load material.
B. 10 yard maximum container for concrete, sod, dirt and rocks. 20 yard maximum for composition roong.
C. No hazardous materials or liquid waste accepted.
D. Box must be lined with plastic if materials might stick to inside of box. (esp: mortar, caulking, etc.)
E. No stumps will be accepted unless special arrangements with Bend Garbage & Recycling have been made.
F. Appliances, tires and electronics must be located at top and at rear of box for recycling.
5. Site Considerations
A. Boxes must be placed on level, smooth, hard surfaces with clear access for truck.
B. Boxes must be located away from overhead power and other lines. If risk of damage to surface, place wood under box wheels and stands.
C. Drop box street permits from the City of Bend are required for any street placement, along with proof of insurance. City of Bend: 541-388-5580
6. Do not attempt to move box! Call if box needs to be relocated. is includes any attempts with backhoes, forklis or tractors. Excessive box damage will be charged back to customer on a time and materials basis. Relocations are charged at an hourly rate.
7. It is the responsibility of the customer to call when the drop box needs to be hauled. Please call one day ahead for service.
8. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER TO ENSURE CLEAR ACESS TO THE BOX. MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS TO HAUL A BOX AND/OR STANDBY TIME MAY RESULT IN ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
9. All drop box service is performed on a C.O.D. basis unless other arrangements are made prior to service.
Customer will indemnify and hold BEND GARBAGE & GARBAGE harmless from any and all liability of any kind resulting from the use by the customer and said container and from the placement of said customer at the stated address. e customer assumes liability for damages to public or private property, hard surface road or driveways which might occur during the loading or unloading of the container. Customer also agrees to pay any expense incurred by BEND GARBAGE & RECYCLING to enforce this agreement such as court, collections, and attorney fees.
Your service request will be confirmed with a phone call from our customer service department.