Republic Services, formerly Bend Garbage & Recycling, continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation to make sure we’re doing the right thing for the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. Our number one priority is safety, and that is at the forefront of every decision we make.
There is no interruption in your trash or commingle recycling service at this time. Please put your carts out on your collection day by 6:00 a.m. or the night before.
Changes You Need to Know
While we are working hard to ensure the highest quality customer service and minimal service disruption, the unique challenges we face requires us to temporarily modify some of our service offerings to keep our community clean and safe.
Please note the changes below:
- We are temporarily suspending curbside glass collection through May 15, 2020 within the city of Bend. Please hold on to your glass until we notify you collection resumes. Please do not put glass in the recycling cart. If necessary, Deschutes Recycling is open but limited to 5 cars at a time at the recycling dock.
- As of April 27, 2020, Bulky item pickup service and collection of loose recycling outside the cart has resumed.
How to Reach Us
- The Bend office is temporarily suspending walk-in service. Office Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30 p.m. by phone only at (541) 382-2263.
- We can take payments over the phone, online, in the mail, or at our payment drop-off locations. There is a payment drop box located outside the building for payments.
- For shred, sharps containers, and compost walk-in service at the Bend office, please call us at (541) 382-2263 and we can coordinate bringing those items out to you with minimal contact.
- In addition, we offer onsite document destruction services. Call us to schedule the truck to come to your home or office and safely shred your confidential documents.